Bay County Swimming Lessons
April 30, 2015
The weather is heating up and for many Floridians this means it's time to cool off in the pool. While a day of playing in the pool can be fun, injuries and illnesses due to water-related activities increase during this time of year.
Waterproof Florida encourages layers of protection that include supervision, barriers and emergency preparedness. You can learn about the layers on the WaterproofFL website.
In our community, swimming lessons are being offered by the following groups:
- Gulf Coast State College: 850-872-3832; http://www.gulfcoast.edu/wellness/pool_activities/lessons.htm
- Panama City Parks & Recreation 850-236-2205; http://www.panamacitybeachparksandrecreation.com/swim-lessons.html
- Panama City Swim Team http://www.panamacityswimteam.com/SwimLessons.jsp?team=sepcst
- Gulf Swim & Wellness Inc. 850-481-0060 https://sites.google.com/site/panamacityswimcenter/home/programs-services/class-fees
- Frank Brown Aquatic Center 850-236-2205; http://frankbrownpark.com/frank-brown-park-features/aquatic-center/